If you work on buildings built or refurbished before the year 2000, asbestos could be present. This one day course will provide your staff with the training they need to avoid the risks.
Who will Benefit:
Anyone who has to enter an environment where there is a potential of Asbestos being present, any supervisors/managers overseeing this operation. The course will be of particular interest to those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of asbestos in the workplace.
The Health and Safety at Work Act and The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1992.
Aims of Training:
This Asbestos Awareness Training Course provides those responsible for Health and Safety with an understanding and appreciation of the legal and practical requirements to protect themselves, their employees and visitors from the risks associated with asbestos on their premises.
To ensure delegates are able to:
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Identification and location of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos containing materials and products
- Asbestos legislative guidance and related legislation
- Duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Emergency and accident arrangements
- Management actions to prevent and reduce exposure
- Site clearance and certification
Maximum Number of Delegates:
14 per course
Client to provide: Training room to comfortably accommodate all the delegates with 240V power supply for the theory component of the course
Trainer to provide: Training Equipment (course notes and presentation package)